Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Grandchild #6


After some scheduling confusion, the newest grandchild, Aidan Kerry McConnon, was born at 11:30 this morning.

My daughter Brandi (actually, her proper name is Angela Christine) was scheduled for a C-Section at 9:30, but the hospital “overbooked,” and they were told she would go in around 1 p.m. With 8 people Waiting Room (I was not able to be there), no one bothered to tell them, or me, that she actually went in at around 11 a.m. Oh, well.

Anyway, both Aidan and Brandi are doing well. He’s only 19 inches long and only 7 lbs – a lot more like his mom than his dad, Kerry – but has “long musician fingers,” according to my daughter Marcia, who gave me the news. That’s significant because I have been a musician for nearly 50 years.

I’m a proud grandpa once again, and happy that everyone is doing well.

3 comments:

JL Pagano said...

Congratulations!!!!

Vitriola said...

congratulations, James. Very happy for you...

James Shott said...

Thanks, JL and Vitriola.

I have two sets of children. This grandchild is from the younger of set #1. Her sister has four children, the oldest of which is within five months of being the same age as the younger child in set #2, both of whom are still at home.