Pages

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The best the Left has to offer?


Why do they resort to such low-class behavior?

Are campus liberals so devoid of intellect that they can do no better than throw food and insults at their enemies?

Apparently not.

From The Drudge Report:

Arrest made at Coulter speech; Student arrested, charged with disorderly conduct after offensive question

Incessant heckling and shouting culminated in an arrest Tuesday night during a speech by controversialist Ann Coulter at the University of Texas at Austin.

THE TEXAN reports: Shouts became so pervasive during the question-and-answer session that Coulter informed the organizers she would no longer take questions if the hecklers were not silenced. For a time, the shouts were considerably lessened, until the issue of gay marriage was broached.

Coulter said she supported the definition of marriage as between a man and a woman on the basis that a good woman civilizes and inspires a man to strive for something better, leading to a question that was met with a stunned silence.

"You say that you believe in the sanctity of marriage," [an English sophomore] said. "How do you feel about marriages where the man does nothing but f*@k his wife up the ass?"
Yessir, that's real class.

10 comments:

Buffalo said...

The young man's actions were unacceptable, ill-advised and failed to make any sort of valid point.

Personally, I find Ms Coulter to be an arrogant, rude, meglamaniac. I am appalled she is the pin up of the right.

JL Pagano said...

I knew nothing about the woman since I saw her name pop up on various blogs.

After a bit of research, I think I will treat her the same aloofness as I do any attention grabbing extremist from either side.

As far as I'm concerned her, Michael Moore and the English sophomore can all take a very long walk off of a very short pier.

That's a lot classier than what I privately think they can do.

James Shott said...

I'm not a big fan of hers, either. She seems to have adopted some of the worst habits of the manic Left, although not to the extreme this particular idiot did.

I have to admit, Buffalo, that I often agree with what she has to say, if not with her in-your-face manner of saying it. She does attract a lot of attention from the right, but on the other hand, so does Michelle Malkin, very much more easy to tolerate.

Not to start another fight, JL, but she is not nearly as repulsive as Michael Moore. Hardly anyone can claim that. I've never caught Ann Coulter lying or twisting facts, techniques without which Michael Moore could not exist.

Cooper said...

On the contrary Miss Coulter , at least in the past has been given to sound bites and extreme editing of the whole truth. Information on this is easy tom dins with a little research. She is a venomous snake and would switch sides in a minute if she thought she could profit from it. I saw here in a debate with Al Franken last spring and she had very little to substantiate her views when she is not n front of an audience of like mind. She is also extremely anorexic. Michael Moore is guilty of telling not the whole story which is typical of any one of our given national / or syndicated news shows. I do however think he, as well as other, does wrong to assume the public is so dense.
I feel what happened to Coulter is wrong, although she will get a lot of mileage out of it, just as I think some of the things that go in at my school in the way of protesting certain factions are wrong.

Buffalo said...

I put her in the same category as Moore, Franken, Rush.......
spewing extremist rhetoric to make a buck. In fact, not unlike Howard Stern. At least he is amusing on occasion.

JL Pagano said...

At least she has the best legs of the lot of them.....

James Shott said...

God, I just love the give and take that these bolgs provide.

Alice, I won't argue your point. All I can say is that I haven't seen any direct evidence of her twisting facts, or outright lying.

And Buffalo, maybe I'm being naive, but I don't necessarily see these activities as so purely money-driven, either from the likes of Franken, Moore, Rusn or any of the others. I see these folks as true believers. Maybe they are off the mark, or maybe it's just a matter of what perspective you/we view them from. I've found Coulter, Rush, Moore, and even Stern amusing, at one time or another.

And as for you JL, well all I can say is: "Are you that sexist that all you notice is her LEGS?

Resonses eagerly awaited.

JL Pagano said...

If she's going to appear in publicity shots wearing short skirts, then yes, I am going to notice her legs, and no, that does not make me sexist.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James Shott said...

Welcome to Observations, ieatpuppies.

I appreciate your making a comment, but would prefer a substantive post that identifies a specific case of Ann Coulter lying or twisting facts to your graphic and otherwise pointless one (which I have deleted).

Please try again.

Thanks.