Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father’s Day 2005

Sometimes your kids really do surprise you. Today was one of those days. My daughter gave me a grilling book that is fantastic, and a nice card. My son gave me a Eagle’s Farewell Tour I DVD that is great (we saw part of it on TV a couple of weeks ago), and a card that brought tears to my eyes. That doesn’t happen often.

Mom gave me two CDs by trumpet players (I’ve been a musician and trumpet player since I was 11), Chris Botti and Tom Harrell. Can’t wait to hear them.

Daughter also gave me a Blue Collar Comedy Tour doll of Jeff Foxworthy. If you’ve never seen Jeff, or the other guys (Larry the Cable Guy is a scream), you need to catch them.

Anyhow, the Jeff doll offers the following:

For the record, my definition of a redneck is a glorious absence of sophistication.

If your working television sits on top of your non-working television, you might be a redneck.

If people ask to hunt in your front yard, you might be a redneck.

If you can burp and say your name at the same time, you might be a redneck.

If you’ve ever cut your grass and found a car, you might be a redneck.

If your dad walks you to school because you’re in the same grade, you might be a redneck.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ronb White and Larry the Cable guy are definitely hilarious!

Sounds like you had a wonderful Father's Day!

Grill us a steak, James?

Buffalo said...

You're a lucky man. All I got was an apology from trojan.

James Shott said...

I am indeed a lucky man. At least as far as the family goes.

Steak it is, boys.