Pages

Friday, July 22, 2005

Why Do Muslims Hate Us?


A good explanation to that question comes from Olivier Roy, who says, in part:


From the beginning, Al Qaeda's fighters were global jihadists, and their favored battlegrounds have been outside the Middle East: Afghanistan, Bosnia, Chechnya and Kashmir. For them, every conflict is simply a part of the Western encroachment on the Muslim ummah, the worldwide community of believers.


This is an excellent article. The entire piece can be found here.

Many thanks to i eat puppies for the
link.

1 comment:

Daddy said...

For some reason I can't post under "The Left Has Been 'Bushed!'", so I hope you don't mind if I do it here.

I just read a lefty blog and she said just what I had been thinking. If the libs really fight over this most recent Supreme Court nominee, the best they could do is damage themselves.