Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Stupid Cop Department


So you think you are free to defend yourself
and your family in your own home?

Think again.

Fox News reports that on Sunday near Bradenton, Candy Frey grabbed a handgun and fired four shots at a 3-foot alligator that entered her home through a doggie door and attacked her golden retriever. Frey told FOX News she knew of the previous gator attacks when the animal came into her home. "My daughter kicked at the gator and the gator lunged at her," Frey said. "He kept coming through the porch and the screen … I kept trying to flip him away" with the shovel, she added, "but every time I kept trying to flip him away, he came back, so I shot him. I thought that's the only option I had ... you're on instinct to protect your loved ones … he was quite aggressive."


The gator wasn't seriously hurt, but the woman got a warning citation for hunting without a license.

So, police in Florida think it’s appropriate to ticket someone for shooting an alligator that has entered her home and attacked her dog and threatened the woman and her daughter?

That's one of the stupidest things I believe I've ever heard of a cop doing. I’d like the name of that cop. Stupidity of that magnitude deserves publicity.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»