Pages

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

CHOICES: A Program to Aid Young People in Finding Their Way

An organization of which I am a member is participating in the CHOICES program to talk with 9th grade students for about an hour on two successive days about their future. So, on the night of the North Carolina and Indiana Democrat primary elections, I am studying how to present this material to these young people the next two days.

I attended the training session on Monday, expecting to have at least a week before I was thrust before these young people. But, as fate would have it, I ended up with only two days to get ready, and really only one day, as I found out today that tomorrow is the day. Since I am trained as a teacher, I suppose I have a couple of steps on someone who hasn’t had that experience, so I guess I ought to quit complaining and get busy reviewing the materials.

I am looking forward to this experience, and I think it will be a positive thing, both for the students and for me, but I really wish I had more prep time.

No comments: