Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Desperate or Dumb?

Out there on the campaign trail trying to scare up votes to close the Obama gap, Democrat presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton was seen in a bar slamming down shots of Crown Royal followed by a beer.

Now I don’t oppose anyone having a drink or two, but I have to draw the line at Ms. Clinton allowing herself to be recorded drinking in a bar while campaigning.

What kind of a message is she sending to the world? I suppose it was to make her appear more human, more like “one of the guys,” a “regular person.”

I wonder what young, suggestible kids think of this exhibition? Are they impressed? Does it make drinking seem okay to them?

I think she used extremely poor judgment; I think she is desperate; and did something stupid to try to get votes.

No comments: