Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Duck Update

Today I saw Momma duck fly in right next to her nest. I don’t have a direct view of the nest, as I’m looking through the patio door, and the nest is a little above and to the right of the glass in the door, so I don’t know if anything special was going on, but it was the first time I have seen Momma not in the nest.

A little later when I was leaving for some appointments, about 9 a.m., I saw a male and female Mallard near the garage, which is about 50 f eet from the nest. When I came along, the two flew away. (The ones in the picture are not the ones I saw.)

I went up to the nest just now and Momma is there, hidden among the leaves. Corky the Beagle-mix was wondering around closer to the nest than usual. I don’t know if she doesn’t realize Momma is close by, or if she just doesn’t care.

No comments: