Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2007

‘Twas Guy’s Fault

I feel better now. Through a great deal of thought about my water pipe tragedy last Wednesday I have come to realize that it really wasn’t my fault at all, it was my friend Guy’s. You see, normally on Wednesday he and I have lunch and discuss issues with an organization we are both involved in, but this particular Wednesday he had a conflict.

Now, if I had been going to lunch, I would have showered and dressed for activities other than yard work, especially since I had a formal meeting at 5:30 p.m. What sense would it have made, after all, to get all cleaned up for lunch, come back home at 1:30 and get all dirty working outside, then have to get cleaned up again in only three hours? Not much, unless the yard work was really pressing, and it wasn’t that pressing.

So, thanks to Guy, my nasty water event happened on Wednesday.

No, I haven’t forgotten that it was my negligence that led to the pipe bursting in the first place, but it was only happenstance that caused that rupture to be recognized Wednesday, and there was always the chance that I might have realized (when I saw the hose still connected) that there was a good chance the pipe had burst over the winter, and I might have checked it out before needing to use the hose to control a fire. That’s my story and I’m … well, you know the rest.

Rationalization is a wonderful thing. I feel so Liberal!


Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: